This page sets out important terms that apply to your use of the eCards website at eCards.co.uk.com (the "Website") and apply when you send an eCard from the Website (the "Services").
Your privacy and security
Using the Website
The Website and the Services supplied through it are provided by Web Clubs Limited, Company number 3840325, registered address, The Club House, East Street, Chesham, Buckinghamshire, HP5 1DG.
The Website provides a free Service, this is paid for by the advertising you see on the Website and by selling the information we collect from you to third parties.
The Website is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and your use of the Website is subject to the following disclaimers and notices:-
We do our best to ensure that the Website operates properly at all times,but we make no warranties as to the availability or accessibility of the Website,and (except as set out here) we will not be liable for any damages,loss,costs or expenses incurred by you as a result of any lack of availability or accessibility of the Website.
The links or adverts on the Website help to pay for the free Service we provide to you. Neither links nor adverts represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and do not mean that we have any association with the linked website or third party advertising. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are linked to or from our Website or any third party adverts. We are not responsible for the legal consequences of you entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these linked websites or adverts and we do not accept any liability for any loss,damage,expense,costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
We will not be liable for any loss,damage,expense,costs,delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of your use of our Website and Services (including without limitation any failure of transmission,communication,computer or other facilities or your inability to access the Website for any reason or any failure,error or delay in the sending or receiving of any notice or communication or instruction through the post or any electronic medium).
While we have made certain content and images available for use in eCards,we do not control personalised content and/or images (including photographs) sent by users and,as such,are not responsible for it in any way whatsoever. If you receive an eCard via the Service that you think is unacceptable,you should report it to us by emailing us at and we will deal with it at our discretion.
Intellectual Property Rights
The content of all parts of the Website and the eCards belong to Web-Clubs Limited. This includes copyright in all of the text, descriptions and images. It also includes trade marks in our name and logos.
You may download to a local hard disk and print extracts from this Website for your personal use. You may also recopy downloaded extracts to others provided you do not do so for profit.
Except in relation to images and/or content that you legally upload from a source other than the Website for the purposes of personalising an eCard (and which you are legally entitled to use for other purposes),none of the content of this Website or an eCard may be copied or otherwise incorporated into or stored in or distributed via any other website,electronic retrieval system,publication or other work in any form (whether hard copy,electronic or other) and reproduction of part or all of the contents of the Website or an eCard in any form for commercial purposes is prohibited.
If you want to use any of our content for any purpose other than as set out above (which includes framing the Website) you must first contact us and obtain our permission.
If you insert an image,including a photograph,into an eCard from a source other than the Website,you must have the consent of the person whose image it is and/or the owner of that image to use that image before it is inserted into an eCard and to allow us to store the image for use by you in future eCards from time to time. In the case of images of children who are not capable of giving consent,you should ensure that the relevant consent is obtained from the child's parent or guardian.
By inserting an image into an eCard that you have obtained from a source other than the Website,you confirm that you have obtained the necessary consents referred to in the above paragraph. We do not accept any liability whatsoever for any image inserted by you into an eCard from a source other than the Website without the consent of the person,parent or guardian and/or owner (as the case may be).
You are solely responsible for any personalised content that you include in an eCard. You warrant that such content complies with these Terms and/or any relevant laws and regulations in force from time to time and agree to indemnify us against all legal fees,damages and other expenses that may be incurred by us as a result of your breach of this warranty.
By uploading images (including photographs) from a source other than the Website for the purposes of creating an eCard and/or otherwise personalising an eCard,you grant us a non-exclusive,royalty-free,irrevocable right and licence to use such image and/or personalised content and to sub-license such use to others for the purposes of providing the Service.
What we do
We provide a free Service to you,you provide us with information and we send eCards on your behalf or we send an eCard to you on behalf of another person. We do not take any payment from you for this Service. We will do our best to send an eCard based on the information provided,if this information is incorrect or for any reason we cannot send an eCard or the Service is not available we will not be liable to you for any loss whatsoever.
What you agree to do
When using our Website you agree that you will:-
1. use the Service and the Website only for lawful purposes;
2. accept full responsibility for any message you place and/or image you send through the Service;
3. ensure that the content of any message and/or image you send will not contain any, defamatory, offensive, pornographic, threatening, abusive, racist, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent, unlawful, hateful or otherwise objectionable material or constitute an invasion of privacy and that you do not send a message and/or eCard that either will or is intended to, annoy, harass or intimidate another person;
4. ensure that any personalised content that you send, including without limitation any image obtained from a source other than the Website,does not infringe our or any other person's copyright,trade marks,patents,moral rights or other intellectual property rights of any nature;
5. not send a message and/or image which will constitute a criminal offence or give rise to a civil liability;
6. not use the Service to solicit other people to become users of competitive online services, advertise or offer for sale any goods or services,promote any surveys, contests or chain letters for any purpose whatsoever; and
7. not include hypertext links within a message and/or image you send through the Service.
What we can do
We reserve the right to:-
1. not send an eCard;
2. deny, at our sole discretion,your access to the Services and/or the Website without reason or notice and delete the contents of your account;
4. refer any matter to the police or the courts, where in our opinion, we consider the matter is of a criminal or illegal nature.
5. send you occasional email newsletters from time to time.